Chloe started hiding shoes around the house. That’s when her pet parents knew something was up.
Saying hello to fall includes a shift in routines
Structured schedules, commitments, and fresh classmates become the new normal.
Pets sense that things are changing. They might feel anxious with your new routine and act out. Introduce change slowly, if possible, and give your pet some new activities of their own.
Help your dogs and cats with gradual changes to routines:
– Socializing is great for your dog. Play groups or playcare are great options to let your pet interact with other dogs and blow off steam. At Firehouse Pet Resort, dogs play with new buddies and toys in an attentive and safe environment.
– If you can, avoid a sudden drop from 45-minute walks to 10-minute ones. Yet, a quick morning jaunt is better than nothing. It helps dogs vent anxiety and unload energy.
– Buy toys like puzzles to stimulate your pup’s brain during quiet moments or solo time at home.
Ease change for cats:
– Cats feel safe when they have a routine. “Cats develop their daily habits based on their human’s schedule and household habits,” notes Dr. John Faught. When patterns shift, cats might show signs of anxiety or physical health changes.
– Visitors to your home may seem like strangers in your cat’s environment. Introduce new people into the home in small chunks before your child’s first sleepover.
– Cats can enjoy playcare, too. Introduce your pet to our cat-only spaces at Firehouse Pet Resort as a new getaway to enjoy. It’s also good preparation for future travel boarding. Our cat-loving team will set up playtimes that match your pet’s energy, tunnel play and hold them for extra attention.
Keep your pets healthy during new fall routines. Consider playcare at Firehouse Pet Resort for a positive change of pace. Our caring team will give your cat or dog one-on-one attention and monitor them as they play in groups. We now have two Austin locations: Round Rock and Kyle.
If you notice behavior changes, contact us Monday – Sunday from 7 am – 7 pm to speak to a member of our team orset up an appointment.